It’s amazing how much useless information you can pick up just by chewing fat with the locals. Apparently:
- Ladies wearing makeup work in the strip clubs. Portland people believe that you only wear that in Hollywood. How niche is Portland? They have a vegan only strip club (apparently). I am all for seeing attractive women but I don’t want to eat tofu doing it.
- If you don’t have cream in your coffee you are considered some kind of social outcast. You would get more respect if you said, “I have killed three people in a State Forest”.
- If you do not have a bike you are considered in the same group as point 2 above.
- The cheapest place to buy chocolates (1st hand experience) and cigarettes (hearsay) is any pharmasist. They are everywhere, Target and every 2nd street corner.
- Portlanders are the only people in the USA that think because you are from Australia you don’t drink Fosters and see kangaroos everyday.
Until tomorrow, remember to cheer for Nadal. It’s Australia Day here so I am having a quiet beer, hoping that a damper foodtruck will appear from somewhere.
Even Subway (which is 24/7) want to feed you ’till you explode…
… and here is a hot chocolate from Creo, a local chocolatier. I looked like an idiot when I starting licking the plate, because those speckles are part of the plate, not part of the dusting of chocolate.
I love a good hot chocolate in winter!